You can lead us closer to a world without ALS by joining our dedicated network of advocates throughout in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. As an ALS advocate, you can help change the laws and policies that affect thousands of people living with ALS and their families.
The last decade has been a decade of progress for ALS advocacy, ensuring passage of legislation to improve access to research and securing millions of dollars in funding for ALS care from state governments in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. These outcomes were achieved because of the compelling stories our advocates continue to share through letters and visits with lawmakers.
To participate in ALS advocacy, please contact Tony@alsphiladelphia.org.
• Pass the ALS Disability Insurance Access Act in Congress.
• Secure $20 million in funding for the ALS Research Project at the Department of Defense.
• Approve $1,000,000 in funding for ALS care in the Pennsylvania State Budget.
• The New Jersey government nearly shut down for the second year in a row, putting our funding in jeopardy. Thanks in part to the momentum established by our advocates, the legislature and governor ultimately passed a budget that maintained ALS funding at $250,000.
• Increase funding for the Grant-in-Aid in Delaware.
• Greater ALS awareness and education in state and federal government.
Congratulations to 2020 ALS Association Hero Award winner John Russo.
Thank you for your contributions to ALS Advocacy.